Sunday, June 20, 2010

Days 1 & 2 - Wildlife Safari!


So Day 1 just involved seeing the park itself and settling into my dorm. It helped to have Nick along to help me fix up my room and everything. Met some nice people who also stay at the dorms. :) I ended up with a garage as my room (sound familiar?), which is better cuz most have curtains as partitions between their rooms! I get a door and more privacy and a nice king mattress (covered with 2 sheets for germ protection!)

Day 2.

Nick & I slept in a little, snuggling up really good. :) We had privacy getting ready since others were either already at work or still sleeping in. Went to the park to get info on my (required) drug test and a key for the dorms. We drove to Roseburg, the nearest city, to get the test done and go to Albertson's (THANK THE HEAVENS!); dropped the new groceries off at the dorms, then went on our way to Medford where Nick would be flying out of. It was about 1.5 hour drive on the I-5 through the mountains (very windy road sometimes!). We stopped at Sonic to eat- yum! Then we had a bit of extra time to see "Butte Creek Mill" or something like that, a place that has a dam and makes flour. We went into the old-smelling place built 200 years ago, and watched a video of how they make everything and what antiques from the olden days that they have. Saw the mill, but it wasn't on at the time. Also out back is the creek that has a dam. Very pretty- Nick said it would be so cool to live right next to a river like that. :)

After that break it was time to take him to the airport.. BOOHOO! Right as we pulled up I had hot tears pouring down my face- I didn't even get that nose tingly feeling first- the tears just squirted right out! :( The airport was small, but looked nice from the outside. I pulled up and Nick came over to my door to give a squishy hug and a kiss, then waved as he entered through the doors.
I sang Thirty Seconds to Mars songs all the way back to make myself feel better. :) It worked, mostly. :)

I then found the library in Winston so I could type this message. Nice little community center with the library inside.

I'm not sure of my hours every day, so I don't know when I can make it to the library when they are open, but I will try to write something every day. :)

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^
I start my employee process tomorrow, and will have my camera with me- hopefully I get to work with the animals right away! ^_^

bye for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment