Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 23 - A day of touring in Oregon!




Day 23.

We drove a few hours to go to Crater Lake. It is a lake that formed when an old mountain erupted and broke. The lake is super clear since no outside bodies of water flow into it. Very blue/turquoise! There was snow up there too! Nick & I stood on the snow (he was wearing flip-flops) and took a pic in front of the lake. I also threw a snowball at him, haha! We stayed for a little bit and looked around and ate lunch, then we headed back down the mountain, stopping at another viewpoint of the Lake.

When we were going to leave, Nick & I stopped and hugged for a few minutes while his parents headed to the car. Gary had gotten in and started eating a snack that was left on the seat, and Harriet took a few pics before hopping in. When she opened the door and started to climb in, she didn't see any of her stuff! And there were pillows and things in there that didn't belong to her either! This was NOT OUR CAR! Gary had climbed into the wrong car, sat there a couple minutes, and ate some almonds that he had not bought! It was a white car, but not the same as ours. (Mind you, they drove up a rental, but still...) We laughed about that for the rest of the trip. (Nick: "hey Dad, there's a white car- see if they have some more of those almonds!)

After that adventure, continuing down the mountain, we made a stop at Watson Falls. It is a little waterfall that we hiked up through the forest to go see. It was very fun, reminded Nick & I of our hikes in Japan on our honeymoon. :) I climbed a couple trees a bit, and we took lots of pics of each of us with the waterfall. :) I also saw a lady with a Dachshund in the parking lot! I asked if I could pet it cuz I missed mine so much, and she let me. HEAVEN! Such a cutie- long-haired and chocolate dapple I think.

When we finally got down from the mountain we were tired and hungry, so we drove to Coos Bay where the Mill Hotel was. Also a comfy place, and themed like a saw mill. cute! (We did stop at Sonic for dinner, and it was delicious)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh... Crater Lake looks gorgeous! Qlint has been to a crater lake here, but he says it was formed from blowing something up.. I forget. He also says it looks like any other lake. (I'd like to see for myself!)

    And you stopped at a waterfall you got to thru a forest!!! I've GOT to look at your facebook pics!

    Thinking of the dachsies as I sing "can you feeeeeel the loooooovee...."

    Why did you stop at the Mill Hotel? Just to sit?

    ReplyDelete