Friday, July 9, 2010


Day 27. July 9.

Today was Valerie, Matt, & I. We went to the first order of business of waking up the Lions. Sleepy eyes! Tau was a stretchy boy, so cute! I walked in one pen and rearranged some of their toys, then we all let them out.

On our way to wake up the Brown Bears there were Bison blocking the road! Oh noooo! We moved slowly through them- they're not scared of cars cuz they never get hit by them. They know the cars will wait for them. :)

At Brown Bears, we picked up the yards first (I took pics of some pretty flowers there). Matt & I let the boys out into their inner yard, and Oso took a very long time lollygagging around the girls' yard before crossing through the tunnel into his own yard. While we were watching out the barn window for him to cross, I think I heard one of the girls fart! :) I should call them April instead of Russel & Claire! When we were finally able to let the girls out I saw one of the boys looking that direction and his chunk of meat was hanging from his mouth- such a funny moment. :) You can probably guess what it was time for- cleaning the hut! And then we had to go and clean the Lion hut too!

I took my lunch break before heading to QB to make all the Black & Brown Bear diets. Oh, on the drive there I saw the African Crowned Cranes do something funny: we have 2 of them. One was scratching its chest with its beak, then the other came from behind and nipped at him and he jumped like 2 feet in the air with his legs flailing a bit! It was so hilarious!!

After diets were all made, Matt & I set up the Brown Bears' dinner in their hut, then drove to Black Bears to throw their dinners out to them. After all that dinner transporting, there were plenty of dishes to be done! It went by pretty quickly though- and I took a minute to go stand in the freezer (with the door open!) to cool myself off. Ahhh... :)

The park was closing then, so we met up with Phil (from Cheetahs) to put the Lions to bed with a snack (they only get a snack on "fast" nights). Once they were finally coaxed into their rooms (it takes a while since they know they won't get a full dinner), I went to close all the gates, peek in at the Brown Bears eating, and leave!

Bye for now...

1 comment:

  1. hehe.. funny day. stretching lions, bison in the road, african crowned crane pickin' on his partner, bears farting, meat hanging from a bears mouth... ^_^

    ReplyDelete